When you are selling your property… you have lots of decisions to make, one of the most important being – what agent to use.
Your agent, along with your solicitor, can make or break a sale. Also, they can make your life along with the sale, so much easier or stressful.
Once you begin the search for an agent – you’ll get tons of:
“We are the best”, “we are the biggest”, “we are the cheapest”, “we will do a flat fee”, “we will get you the most money” , “we will pay all marketing cost” etc. etc.
So how do you cut through all the chaff & make sure you choose the right agent:
- Check out & read their reviews. Some reviews will just have stars or bland comments, but it’s vital to read what other sellers have said about the company & how they found the service
- Get recommendations from family, friends, work colleagues who you know have recently sold their home.
- Do not choose an agent who are the cheapest & who give the highest valuation (the property price register is your best friend when you are checking home sale prices in your area)
- Interview 3 agents – figure out who will works hardest for you, who you are comfortable with, the manner in which they deal with your queries, their experience, market knowledge etc
- What is their marketing like – good quality photos, write up, walk though video, detailed information about a property
- What way was your call dealt with when you 1st called the office, how efficient were they in following up with you
- What is their level of enthusiasm – do you feel they are passionate about their work, proud of the service they provide etc
- Can they back up their valuation with comparisons of similar homes they sold in the area
The above list is by no means exhaustive – believe me – your agent is critical to the smooth, successful sale of your property.
I am here to offer advice, suggestions on staging, what you need to get your property on the market etc. Call me on 087 2500716